Thursday, January 1, 2015

Last films of 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Hello 2015...

A few films I got to screen before the new year:

1. The Imitation Game (10/10 stars)
Hands down best film of the year (out of the ones I have seen) surpasses Gone Girl with flying colours. Benedict's acting was crème de la crème. Exquisite screenplay. The historical information was conveyed in a non-overwhelming fashion. This film is now on my list of classic films.


2. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (7.5/10 stars)
Amazing cinematography and score as usual. Although the score is no way comparison to The lord of the rings. I had not viewed the prior hobbit films but however had read the book a few yrs back. Still a lovely film.


3. Annie (6.5/10 stars)
This film surprised me. I was not at all thrilled to go and see it. I never even saw the original Annie. Quevanzhané (plays Annie) did a great job! She has a lovely smile and singing voice and lit up the screen.
It was an enjoyable film and does not deserve the deserve the 4 star rating on imdb.com. Give this film a chance like I did.

P.S I can't believe this film was produced by Jada Pinkett Smith, Will Smith and Caleb Pinkett.

No comments:

Post a Comment