Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Left Ear

My first time viewing a Mandarin film in theatres (Pretty Cool) ^_^

The poster peaked my interest...

Viewed  May 20

This is a coming of age film that revolves around a group of teenagers whose lives end up being intertwined due to love and hate. Li Er (17 year old girl-main lead) is deaf in the left ear and is in love with her school mate Xu Ge; whom later becomes infatuated with the town girl "slut" Bala.  Li Bala pursues Xu Ge due to her love for Zhang Yang  whom makes a special request for her to ruin Xu's life.

Bala's death becomes a turning point in the film and has rippling effects through the characters lives. 

I liked this film and wasn't sure what to expect. I'm surprised at how much I was drawn to Bala's character. She had a bubbly personality and brought life to the film. Despite being recognized as a town "slut" you can tell that beneath the surface, a pureness remained and she was no different than her co-star Li Er who acted out in the name of love.


I rate this film 5/10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment