Saturday, November 8, 2014

John Wick



Keanu Reeves is back! Or so many keep saying....

You know the trailer doesn't really do the film justice. It was downright hilarious, and the action scenes were beautifully choreographed. In the sense John Wick (Keanu) just looked like badass in everything he did. I liked how you could grow to like every character in their own way but yet dislike them because they were a villain. What makes this film epic, as another reviewer stated is how a film is based of a man seeking revenge over his stolen car and death of his dog. Well they certainly pulled it off. The choice of soundtrack was also good.

Now my favorite scene out of the entire film was Keanu's Reeves miny speel when he utters "People keep asking if I'm back. Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back". This scene reminded me of why I love Keanu as an actor. This is the first time in a long time I have ever seen him gear up so much emotion. I loved it.

Now in all fairness, I didn't expect much from the film as the trailer itself didn't really capture my attention. But because Keanu was in it, it was a must see. I give this film a rating of 6.5 stars. Now usually my ratings range within the same margins as imdb.com but this time I was an outlier. The rating for this film on imdb.com is 8 stars?!? I was in complete shock. I love Keanu, but I cannot be bias because of him. The movie had great moments, but it truly lacked in a lot of areas especially the plot. Now rating this films in comparison to other films I have seen so far this year I would bump my rating to 7-7.5 stars.

In all good film. Keanu never left. So anyone who keeps stating he's back---y'all just need to sit back.


No comments:

Post a Comment