Monday, September 30, 2013

Lee Daniels' The Butler

7/10 STARS
 I have heard nothing but great reviews about this film. When it comes to historical movies as such I tend to approach with caution. For example, the film Django. I refused to watch it for many reasons, in particular the language. As for Lee Daniels' The Butler I was very pleased. They took a sensitive and heated topic and made it bearable for audience members to sit comfortably and enjoy this wonderful story. I really appreciated the fact that humor was utilized to help lighten up the mood.

 I thoroughly enjoyed this film as well as the A-list celebrities who made their appearances throughout the film. I also thought that Oprah Winfrey did a fine job playing her role. I haven't seen her on the big screen in years! I rate this film 7 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment